Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions

This page contains answers to commonly-asked questions about the scope of services and assistance extended. This FAQ is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for legal advice or any other official information from concerned government agencies.

Q: Do I have to make an appointment before going to the Embassy?

A: Yes, it is always needed to have an appointment with the Embassy beforehand. To book an appointment click here,
Book an Appointment (

Q: What is legalisation

A: A legalisation is a confirmation that the signature on a document is genuine.

Q: What is a verification?

A: A verification is typically used as proof that a photocopy is a true copy of the original document. Verification does not have anything to do with the contents of a document, and merely confirms that it is a true copy.

Q: Can the Embassy or Consulate extend my Philippine visa?

A: No. Extension of Philippine visa is handled by the Philippines' Bureau of Immigration. You can find the Bureau's contact information on its official website

Q: How do I obtain a copy of my Danish birth certificate?

A copy of a Danish birth certificate cannot be obtained through a Danish diplomatic mission. You must contact either the church in Denmark where your birth was registered or the parish your last residential address in Denmark belonged to. You may find the information on the website of Danish Churches and Danish Parishes.

Q: I would like to request for a copy of my criminal record/police clearance from Denmark. Can the Embassy issue one? If not, how do I go about it?

No, you cannot obtain a copy of your Danish criminal record through the Embassy. You can find information on how to obtain a copy of your criminal record on the website of the Danish Police.

Q: I need an English translation of Danish documents. Can the Embassy help me?

A: The embassy does NOT carry out translation of Danish documents EXCEPT for Danish driving license.

Q: Can the Embassy help me find a job in Denmark (or in the Philippines)?

A: No. The Embassy will not render assistance on matters relating to employment search, both in Denmark and in the Philippines.

Q: I am a Danish tourist who would like to drive in the Philippines. Do I need to apply for a Philippine driving license? I have a valid foreign driving license.

A: No. You can use your valid foreign driving license in the Philippines for maximum of 90 days from the date of arrival. If you are staying beyond 90 days, you need to apply for a Philippine driving license. Kindly contact the Land Transportation Office for further information about this.

Q: I am a Danish citizen residing in the Philippines and I wish to convert my Danish driver's license to a Philippine driver's license. Can the embassy assist with this?

A: If you wish to convert your Danish drivers licence to a Pilipino drivers licence we refer you to the Land Transportation Office (LTO). Before you approach the LTO the embassy can assist you in translating the Danish drivers licence to English. 


Q: Does the Embassy render legal assistance?

A: No. The officers at the Embassy are not lawyers, thus, are not authorized to offer legal advice. The Embassy, moreover, has no in-house lawyer offering legal services to Danish nationals. The Danish Embassy may provide information in finding a local lawyer. However, it does not assume responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by the local lawyer.

Q: I am not a Danish national but am a resident of Denmark. Can I apply for a "Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage" at the Embassy?

A: No. The Embassy issues "Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage" to Danish nationals only. You are requested to contact your respective Embassy/Consulate for the needed certificate.

Q: How many days should I allot for the filling of my visa extension to avoid overstaying?

A: The Bureau of Immigration in the Philippines advices foreign nationals to file for visa extension seven (7) days before your Temporary Visitor’s visa expires. Please refer to the Bureau of Immigration for information on visa extension application.  

Q: I am a Dane and I live/work here in the Philippines. Am I entitled to a Danish Pension?

 A: You may be entitled to a foreign pension if you have lived or worked in another country than Denmark. It depends on the rules in the individual country whether you are entitled to have your foreign pension paid out in Denmark. For further details you may visit Pension in Denmark.  

Q: I would like to give financial support to my child, currently under the custody of my ex-girlfriend, how do I go about it?

A:  Matters concerning child support should be forwarded directly to the following offices in Denmark, click on the links below:



Q: Do the Embassy or Consulate assist in matters relating to inheritance and administration of estates in the Philippines?

A: No. The Embassy nor the Consulates in Davao and Cebu, do not engage in matters of inheritance and administration of estates in the Philippines. The Embassy and Consulate may render assistance in referring local lawyers.

For further details please go to this link.


Information from other authorities and advice and guidance is provided on the homepages of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. However, the Ministry of Foreign of Affairs cannot be held responsible for possible problems regardless of the information on the homepages.