Skip to content

Additional information for FIRST-TIME passport applicants

This page contains important information for first-time passport applicants born in the Philippines to Danish and Filipino parents

Children born in the Philippines must submit the original birth certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) and with authentication/apostille from the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)Please visit the following websites for guidance:

PSA, Philippine Statistics Authority (

DFA, DFA Office of Consular Affairs

If the parents were married in the Philippines, the PSA copy of the marriage certificate must have an authentication from the DFA. If married in Denmark, the marriage certificate must have an apostille/legalisation from the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (UM). Please visit the website of UM for the legalisation process: Legalisation (Apostille) (

The original documents must be presented to the embassy upon appointment.

If the child was born in the Philippines, any changes related to the child’s birth registration - Example: Admission of paternity by the Danish father, changes in the child’s name, subsequent marriage of the parents, etc. must be reported and registered to the PSA. Please contact the embassy for guidance before booking an appointment.

For individuals born outside Denmark and those who will be turning 22 years old, please contact the Danish Ministry of Immigration and Integration (UIM) for information regarding application for Danish citizenship:
 In English — Udlændinge- og Integrationsministeriet (

For other concerns, please contact the embassy’s consular section:
[email protected]