Skip to content

Work Permit

If you want to work in Denmark you must apply for a residence and work permit. You also need to apply for a work permit if you will be doing unpaid work or seek sideline employment. . This type of residence permit application is submitted to the Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (SIRI).

Everything you need to know regarding residence and work permits including requirements and processing time, click here:

Applications under the “Fast track scheme” are also submitted and decided upon by SIRI. For more information regarding this scheme, click here:

Please note that the Embassy will not have any information about the application while it is with SIRI for processing, unless the embassy receives further directives. Any follow-ups or enquiries must be directed to SIRI. Contact details may be found in the link provided,


Residence and work permit applications must be submitted at the Danish Visa Application Center (VFS), Mondays to Fridays, from 7.00-09.00 for walk-in applicants and 09.00-14.00 for scheduled appointments.

Information on how to set up an appointment, fees to be settled, and other information on how to submit your application at VFS, please click here.


It is the applicant’s responsibility to track his/her passport. The embassy will neither disclose the decision via phone nor email due to its confidentiality. Please coordinate with VFS regarding the handling of passports.

To track passport: