Skip to content


If you want to study in Denmark or if you will be participating in a PhD study programme linked to a Danish educational institution you must apply for a residence and work permit. This type of residence permit application is submitted to the Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (SIRI).

Everything you need to know regarding residence permit as a student, including requirements and processing time, click here:


Residence permit applications must be submitted at the Danish Visa Application Center (VFS), Mondays to Fridays, from 7.00-09.00 for walk-in applicants and 09.00-14.00 for scheduled appointments.

Information on how to set up an appointment, fees to be settled, and other information on how to submit your application at VFS, please click here.


Upon lodging your application, VFS will schedule an interview for you at the embassy. Please note that the interview date is scheduled after the date of submission of documentation. Interviews scheduled prior to the date of submission will not be accommodated.

Please note that the Embassy will not have any information about the application while it is with SIRI for processing, unless the embassy receives further directives. Any follow-ups or enquiries must be directed to SIRI. Contact details may be found in the link provided,


It is the applicant’s responsibility to track his/her passport. The embassy will neither disclose the decision via phone nor email due to its confidentiality. Please coordinate with VFS regarding the handling of passports.

To track passport: