Skip to content

Family Reunification

If you want to live with your spouse, cohabiting partner, parent or other family member in Denmark, you must apply for family reunification or a residence permit as an accompanying family member. Special rules apply if your family member in Denmark is a citizen of an EU/EEA country or if you are applying under EU law. This type of residence permit application is submitted to the Danish Immigration Service (DIS).

Everything you need to know regarding family reunification including requirements and processing time, click here:

Please note that the Embassy will not have any information about the application while it is with DIS for processing, unless the embassy receives further directives. Any follow-ups or enquiries must be directed to DIS. Contact details may be found in the link provided,


Residence permit applications must be submitted at the Danish Visa Application Center (VFS), Mondays to Fridays, from 7.00-09.00 for walk-in applicants and 09.00-14.00 for scheduled appointments.

Information on how to set up an appointment, fees to be settled, and other information on how to submit your application at VFS, please click here.


It is the applicant’s responsibility to track his/her passport. The embassy will neither disclose the decision via phone nor email due to its confidentiality. Please coordinate with VFS regarding the handling of passports.

To track passport: