The term au pair means 'on equal terms'. The idea of an au pair stay is for a young person to stay with a host family with children under the age of 18 'on equal terms' with the other members of the family. The purpose is for the au pair to improve language and/or professional skills as well as broaden his/her cultural horizon by becoming more acquainted with Denmark.
For more information about being an au-pair in Denmark, please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:
For information about the Au Pair Program, click here.
You may find information on how to submit your application in the Visa Application Center (VAC) website, click here.
Application fee for residence and/or work permit is found on the List of service fees on the left side panel of this page.
Apart from the application fee, a fee required by the Danish Immigration Service (DIS) must be settled in order to obtain a Case Order ID, for more information please click here.
The Case Order ID issued by the DIS must be submitted to the Visa Application Center (VAC) along with the application.
List of required documents:
1. Application Form, duly completed, dated and signed by the applicant and the employer + One copy.
2. Original Passport, including copies of all used pages (biopage, stamps, visas, etc).
3. Original Birth Certificate + One Copy
4. Original Documentation of Education and Language Skills (e.g. Diploma, Transcript of Records and Training Certificates) + One Copy.
5. Consent from the applicant’s parent or guardian if the applicant is below 18 years of age.
7. Receipt of Case Order ID and fee paid to the Danish Immigration Service + One copy
Applications for Au Pair Applications are transferred (electronically) by the Embassy to the Danish Immigration Service (DIS) for processing.
DIS' processing times are published and continuously updated here.
Please note that the Embassy does not have any information about the application whilst it is in Denmark for processing. Any follow-ups or enquiries must be directed to the Danish Immigration Service, not the Embassy. You can contact Au Pair Network on tel. +45 28 60 09 40
When a decision has been made, you will be informed by the Visa Application Center or the Embassy.
Applicants who wish to have their passport returned to them by courier, may be settled at the VAC upon lodging an application with additional charges. However, sending passports is at the applicant’s own risk. The Embassy assumes no responsibility for this.