If you are travelling in the Philippines and you need help urgently, you may contact the Embassy of Denmark or one of the Danish Consulates in Cebu or Davao.
The Embassy or the Consulates can provide immediate assistance in case of an emergency or provide you with the relevant contact information on someone who can assist you.
The Embassy can assist you with:
- Transfer of money for a ticket back to Denmark
- Issuing of a new passport
- Contact lawyer in case of arrest
- Contact relatives in Denmark
- Contact insurance company in case of an accident, illness or death
- Inform of high risk geographical areas
The Embassy can NOT assist you with:
- Disbursing loans or perform banking business
- Pay welfare benefits or pension
- Jail release or payment of lawyer
- Pay hospital or doctor without guarantee from you, your bank or family
- Provide you with work or work permit
- Money transfer
If you need help after normal business hours, at night, or during weekends and holidays, contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ 24/7 Emergency Center directly at +45 3392 1112/ BBB@um.dk or you may be transferred to the Emergency Center by calling the Embassy´s telephone number +63 2 865 8800
Please, also see the Ministry of Foreign Affairs central website for emergency matters (in Danish only).
For more information on the current conditions regarding weather forecasts please see the website of the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA)..
Please note that as a general rule, a fee is applicable to most services, with the exceptions of imprisonment, child abduction cases and in the instance of a serious crime committed against a Danish national. Please find the fee schedule here.